SOML Students are Northwest University Students
SOML has strategically partnered with Northwest University (NU) in order to provide students with an excellent private Christian education. NU is an accredited Christian Liberal Arts University that is a perennial Best Regional College award winner of U.S. News and World Report.
A typical west coast university is between $32-40k per year in tuition. At a cost of $9,755, SOML students receive their education and degree from NU at a fraction of the cost.
At under $10,000 per year, SOML is a quality education at an affordable price.
- Children’s Ministry
- Creative Arts (worship/media/sound/lighting)
- REACH (local outreach & global missions)
- Youth Ministry
Practicum students experience hands-on training in their chosen area of study while receiving college credit. Students can expect to serve approximately 12 practicum hours per week.
Learning Track Options:
- 2-year Track: Students can graduate from NU with an AA degree & from SOML with 2 years of practical ministry experience & discipleship.
After a student completes both their AA degree from NU and the 2-year SOML track, we commit to helping place them in ministry if they do not plan on continuing their education
Students who plan to continue their education can remain in SOML‘s 4-year track, working toward their BA, or they can transfer to NU.
- 4-year Track & Non-Traditional Students: Students can work toward their BA degree or further their education through NU while serving as an intern at Canyon Creek. Minimum of 5 intern hours per week required.
After completing a BA degree from NU and an internship at Canyon Creek Church, students can expect multiple opportunities for placement in ministry.
BA Degrees offered by NU & SOML include: Ministry Leadership, Psychology, Business Management & Organizational Management.
- SOML Life: An internship and discipleship program, without the academic component (cost is $2,600), for anyone looking to grow spiritually and serve the church. See below for what SOML Life includes.