GROUPS at Canyon Creek
At Canyon Creek we believe in creating ways to gather people together and grow them in relationship with God and with others. To accomplish this goal, we offer growth groups, intensives and events because we are convinced we really are better together.
As we gather people together and grow them, these three arms illustrate the three mechanisms we use to fullfill this goal.
Growth groups are small groups of people meeting in and around Canyon Creek all year long. Along with our weekend services, groups are the core of our ministry. Groups include both our planned and promoted “traditonal” groups, as well as “organic” groups that spring up because of shared interest, common life stage or workplace, or other common denominators.
- Traditional groups will mostly follow our trimester system, launching in February, June or October and running for 10-12 weeks before concluding. Most traditional groups are between 5 to 15 people and meet on a weekly basis.
- Organic groups spring up naturally. Three coworkers share lunch and their faith once a week at work, five friends push strollers and pray together while walking, four moms of school-aged kids meet together weekly to pray for their kids and their local schools and the list goes on. This is people of faith, living out their faith, and inviting others to join them.
In addition to our growth groups, we recognize the need to provide alternative ways to connect people to people, understanding that groups don’t work for everyone. Examples of intensives include:
- Half-day intensives (e.g. a Saturday morning overview of the book of John)
- One-day intensives (e.g. leadership training, financial planning or parenting how-tos)
- Two-day intensives (e.g. a two-day marriage intensive)
The subject matter of these groups is limitless (worship, anxiety, confict resolution, finances, blended families, adoption, suicide prevention, grief, and any topic in the Bible or book of the Bible). Many of these topics would be of interest to our community and allow us to advertise to and invite our community to join us.
A large part of connecting people to people begins with gathering them together. Fun events give us a simple way to gather people into groups that are smaller than our weekly services and allow them to begin to connect to each other. Events cross all lines from gender to age to season of life, and will include areas of focus such as:
- Young Adults
- Business Owners
- Other “just for fun” adventures that are for anyone
For more information about how you can find a place to gather with others and grow in relationships please email email@example.com.