2017 Water Baptism
Canyon Creek Church is planning a huge day of water baptisms across ALL of our campuses. We are expecting hundreds of people to make this public declaration of faith together. So please join us in praying, talking to people, and getting excited. If you would like to BE baptized - simply RESPOND HERE and we will be in touch, or mark your Connection Card at church this weekend. It is going to be a great day to celebrate what God is doing in our community. We hope to see you there!
WHY BE BAPTIZED
In water baptism, the believer is briefly submerged under water and then raised as an outward sign and public declaration of an inward spiritual reality. Namely, that they share in the death, resurrection, and new life of the Lord Jesus Christ (Rom. 6:4; Col. 2:12).
Believers’ baptism is an explicit Biblical teaching and matches the unbroken practice of the Christian Church.
It is commanded for every believer by Jesus Christ.
It follows Jesus’ purposeful example.
It powerfully symbolizes our restored relationship with God by the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
- Matthew 28:18
- Mark 16:16
- Matthew 3:13-16.
- Romans 6:4
- Colossians 2:12
- In every Biblical account of the early Christian church, baptism followed salvation. Note the following primary texts.
- Since that time, the church has unswervingly maintained baptism as a critical rite subsequent to salvation. The importance of the symbolism and the value of public declaration can not be overstated. This act is an essential step in the life of every believer.
It follows the unbroken tradition of the Christian Church.
Finally, it should be reconfirmed that baptism is not necessary to salvation. Baptism without an authentic confession of faith is nothing more than a short bath. However, baptism combined with a real confession of faith creates an unparalleled moment in time when your relationship to God is confirmed before witnesses.
HOW WILL IT WORK
Here are the basic arrangements.
- Please be ready to simply state your name and perhaps why you are choosing water baptism
- Bring a change of clothes, preferably something, in which, you don’t mind being soaking wet and a towel.
- If you have someone you would prefer to pray for you at the baptism, just let us know as soon as you can and make sure that they are there on Sunday.
- On Sunday morning, please arrive to service a little early and check in with the staff.
- You will be baptized following the last service
This is going to be a great day. You will always look back on this event as one of the defining touchstones in your walk of faith.
Don’t be nervous and feel free to contact us with ANY questions!
Baptism is a public declaration of an inward relationship with Jesus and it’s great to have people you care about celebrate it with you! Use these simple invites below to email people the basic details. Edit these emails at will to make them fit you!